Thread: Touch touch is flaky
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
Mellobob
Connoisseur
Mellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You don't need to hit the X by the way. Just tap anywhere above the dialog after making your selections.
Still catch as catch can for me. Sometimes tapping works ... other times it doesn't. I have no idea how the ifrared screen works ... anyone? Does it just measure movement or heat? Is the pressure I tap/hold with important? I'm sure it's just a matter of developing the right touch.

Quote:
Also when selecting a word, Nook displays the currently selected word at the top of the page. If it is the wrong one, drag your finger around until you get the right one. Works even with small text and fat fingers.
Okay. I just tried again. And, yes, it appears to work. Again, I guess it'll take some practice.

Quote:
The browser is worthless in its current state. Don't torture yourself with it.
Agreed! Probably the reason it's not mentioned by B&N.

Quote:
The touch keyboard may require some practice. I had the benefit of several months of 'training' on the much smaller iPod Touch keyboard, but I can already type faster and more accurately on Nook than either it or with Kindle's crappy keyboard.

I'll have to trust you on this one Probably like the other "needs practice" issues.
Mellobob is offline   Reply With Quote