View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 02:49 AM   #51
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime_Astorga View Post
Finally, I recommend Eliezer Yudkowsky's "Three Worlds Collide". The first thing that everybody mentions about it is that it starts with baby-eating aliens and goes from there, which that pretty much sums up the free online novella in a single sentence. By far its biggest selling point is that it shows something that is rare in sci-fi: alien aliens, with inhuman culture and biology. Combined with an interesting presentation of game theory concepts and amusing writing, this is one of the best sci-fi stories I've read in a long time.
Thanks, converting the pdf now for the kindle. Lets see how it goes. There also appears to be a social aspect to the direction of the story. I like the idea.

I recommend Vinge but with an eternal fanboy's voice
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote