View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #94
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I've upgraded today... the reader not like it at first after the reset I choose 1 and it stucked on that page for a LOT LOT LOT time... the device seemed locked

I've to do the first reset of the device...after this the boot menu appeared again and now it worked

There is no way to improve this? Maybe a little bar (o the bouncing ball as is the way you use to indicate "wait") to indicate activity is a good improvement...

The way to return from the original firmware to EbookApplication is very tricky it seems the only to make re-appear the boot menu is to insert USB cable restart and press "bookmark" key... not to very simple to discover
Well I don't know if this can be improved without changing Sony Firmware it is not simply aware if the existence of EbookApplcation
It will be wonderful if was possibile to add "Start Ebook Application" on the HOME...

Now my impression:

+ Now set visible on PDF works well only a little of border is present...
+ The possibility of choose fonts (now we can start to discuss: what font(s) are better?)

And now the "minus"
- Clock restarts at 0.00 at load of the firmware... the kludge that I found to set -2 hours not works anymore In this way the clock is no more a useful feature...
- Images can not be zoomed in no way... simple remains the same...
- Images in landscape not change orientation
- CBZ converted to EPUB by Calibre are considered "text" epubS and so the zoom menu shows font sizes... if you select not exit anymore but the "balls" appears for a lot of time and then nothing change
- PDF reading after the working set visible is almost perfect (great!) the only problem is in the navigation thing... it seems all PDF pages fills 1 page and 1/2 of the reader and this can be OK the problem is that on the end of the page the text is at time "broken in half" a row (!) and worst again when you go in the next "sub"page a big part of text is repeated at most half of the page! In this way is very difficult to read as you MUST find where you were first! Maybe I'm wrong here but maybe set visible should fill all the page in the screen (?) and not divide it in this ugly way... but maybe in this way the text is small again... well let's say the text must not be never cut and the next subpage will be all filled of text and no repetition and if the remaining text is too little to fill all the page then copy a part of the text of the next page... that is forget the real PDF pages and try to adapt to the reader pages... the impression for the user perspective must be not be so different (as possible) to read an epub/rtf/doc file

Last edited by fanoI; 07-31-2010 at 02:06 PM.
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote