View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiehill View Post
My experience was fairly painless as well apart from the fact that the reader hangs for about 5-10 seconds at the beginning of each chapter.
ADE does process ebooks one chapter at a time, so a small lag at the start of each chapter is to be expected but 5 seconds is a lot.

I suggest trying an ePub from feedbooks, anything with a reasonable chapter structure will do. If you like science fiction, then perhaps My Own Kind of Freedom, A Firefly Novel by Steven Brust. Feedbooks does not use embedded fonts, and they may be the problem. One free ePub that uses enbedded fonts is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I think I see more delay for this ebook than for the Brust using the Sony eBook Library viewer on my PC, but it is still very short.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote