View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #9
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
You can, of course, use a keyboard with an iPad. That's how I use my iPad at work. Is it just as good as a macbook pro for all tasks? No, but I have an iMac 5K as my home computer and an iPad Pro 12.9 for my mobile use. I use to carry a macbook pro, but stopped carrying it several years ago. The iPad did just as well for the vast majority of tasks that I used my macbook pro for so I was carrying the extra weight and never using it.

Apple tends to try to find that sweet spot for customer usage. Even after being available for several years and having a massive media blitz, the Microsoft surface is still far, far below both the mac and the iPad in terms of sales. Microsoft sells around a million surfaces per quarter while Apple sells some 14 million iPads per quarter. I just don't see a compelling case for Apple to sell a surface like tablet/laptop. That's not to dismiss your preference, of course. Your preference is just as good as anyone elses, but I don't think the numbers support what you want.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote