View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #41
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Glo HD, Mini, Kindle Voyage
Don't blame Kobo. Do the specs for your devices state that they support 64gb or 128gb cards? I don't think they do. So perhaps you shouldn't expect the cards to work perfectly in your devices. The firmware was not designed with them in mind.

I have updated and patched two Kobos to 3.17.0. No problems whatsoever. No crashing, no freezing, no rebooting. I haven't changed out cards in either one.

I could try my Glo, which has a changed out internal card, of 16gb. I don't anticipate any errors, even so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHunter101 View Post
Wow, updating to 3.17.0 from 3.15.0 is a great way to ruin one's Thursday.

Two devices so far, AuraHD and AuraH2O, had the "Critical Error. Factory Reset your eReader" message.

I suspect it is my 128gig card and the very large database it creates. After the factory rest and re-updating to 3.17.0 it has to re-catalog everything, which will take about 11 hours on the AuraHD, 10 hours on the H2O.

Now to try and update the Glo (you would think I would learn), but this device has only a 64gig card, so there is hope

Shunter

ps. you suck Kobo
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote