View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
drakebelisarius
drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.drakebelisarius can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I pulled a goof and broke my Kindle. Replacement: can someone help downgrade PW2

So, I must have misunderstood something when I was following the instructions to downgrade the PW2. I got into the Diags thing, but couldn't find the thing I was supposed to install via ssh: copy-pasting the directions into the console gave me an "error: something-or-other not found," and nothing happened. I then accidentally clicked "reformat [something]," which I think was why it broke. So I think that was the problem, because it wouldn't let me cancel out, and then after, when I tried to get back to how things were (by disabling diags), it gave me Error: could not access user partition.

In short, I broke my Kindle PW2 while trying to downgrade to 5.4.0. I will be getting a replacement sent to me by wednesday. Can anybody walk me through the downgrading process as if I were a five-year-old? I really like the idea of using the collection manager, but I don't want to risk bricking my kindle.

Thank you so much.
drakebelisarius is offline   Reply With Quote