View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #15
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
fbReader doesn't ever seem to get much love around here but I find it really good, and its free, too . . .
+1 for FBReader.

I agree with your comments that FBReader doesn't get the consideration it deserves.

With other options like Cool Reader and Moon+ that have a few more formatting options, FBReader doesn't get noticed, but it's a really good option for a phone sized device, simply because it's layout and interface are well suited to a smaller screen device.

FBReader doesn't go in for fancy two-page modes or 'auto scrolling', but it does let you select the exact path for your books (imagine that, an Android program that actually let's you SELECT the path, what will they think of next?)

FBReader also does a nice job letting you customize fonts and margins.

Some may object to FBReader's simplified EPUB formatting, because some books with really fancy layouts will render differently, but in most cases this works well on a phone's smaller screen, where you don't really have the space for fancy formatting.

FBReader also loads very quickly, and is light enough on resources to run on fairly low powered devices.

I would also have to give FBReader pretty high marks on stability and compatibility, since I have seen FBReader easily handle EPUBs that would crash other EPUB readers.

Like most other Android geekware the program is poorly documented, but unlike many of them, the options are fairly logically organized, so you can figure things out fairly easily.

Last edited by delphin; 03-21-2012 at 09:14 PM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote