View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
KoboNo
Connoisseur
KoboNo is a glorious beacon of lightKoboNo is a glorious beacon of lightKoboNo is a glorious beacon of lightKoboNo is a glorious beacon of lightKoboNo is a glorious beacon of lightKoboNo is a glorious beacon of lightKoboNo is a glorious beacon of lightKoboNo is a glorious beacon of lightKoboNo is a glorious beacon of lightKoboNo is a glorious beacon of lightKoboNo is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Have you had problems with the Desktop app? It goes fairly smoothly the update that way. I've updated Two Kobo 1's that way.
Some problems with desktop app, many problems with post-update bugs to the device. From duplicate pages to missing free books to removed bookmarks. It is the very reason why I've refused to buy another Kobo device. They're known for letting their original userbase down with poor software and customer service.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It has always been done, by regular users, over the desktop application. The beta group had to create a Linux-usable SD card and go through a process of sorts to load the update onto the Linux card and then proceed from there. Some other folks did it as well, and one of the stickies has the instructions, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: This is the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111181
Thanks!
KoboNo is offline   Reply With Quote