View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #28
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
The application does a wonderful (and relatively easily) job of creating a new TOC, saving much laborious editing time. I have however noted that once I have finished, if I call the file up again in Sigil, Sigil will ignore everything I have done and restore the original TOC, thereby destroying all my careful work, putting me back where I was before I used epubfixer.

I have read and re-read the thread several times, so if it was said, I missed it ... but how do I insure that my carefully revised and re-ordered TOC is not later destroyed?
That is why there is an Edit in Sigil option, what it does is simply make a copy of your TOC before opening sigil and replacing it afterwards. it will not keep your TOC intact if say you split several chapter and/or rename the files. So I suggest selecting both the Edit in Sigil and Table of Content Editor, because after editing in Sigil the TOC editor will filter unavailable entries (or just put the in red if they where anchors - v1.3 only), and you could add new entries that where done with Sigil, like splitting chapters.

That said I just found a bug (and fixed it in the next version) where a TOC entry that links to Anchors (i.e. TExt/page001.html#filepos011) would not be kept.

I am also working on a Split Chapters on Anchors that will split your html files just before the selected anchors. (we will see if it works well before release, so no promise now).
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote