View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I'm not sure what the whole story is, but yes, I do see that with SOME chargers and my KA1. It also seems to depend on what charger I use/random chance for whether it shows me a green light when fully charged or not. I can sympathize with Kobo not fixing this. It has been reported with logs, but not necessarily easy to find what's going on when it's not consistent and while it's annoying, it's not directly preventing you from using your device for reading (it's primary purpose).
I can't speak to exactly how different USB cables could be "slightly out of spec", but I've heard of enough issues of people with cables that work on device A, B, C and D but won't work on device E and the same person with a different cable that works on E, A, B and C but not on D that it's a real thing IMHO.
I have both cables and chargers that work with certain devices but not others. It may be the output of the charger or the cable is failing or any number of other things. If it won't charge hubby's phone I assume the cord is bad.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote