View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #14
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
Alright stupid question: But what exactly does the mean? Basically I want to know if I can finally resize everything because basically I converted HTML and PDF to the epub. Am I still going to get eye strain to read the tiny print?
Depending on how the ePub is created, sometimes it will have fixed font sizes defined in the stylesheet.

We use the Adobe SDK to render ePubs, and we found that the Adobe SDK didn't let us get our grubby hands on fixed font sizes to change them on the fly when a customer chose to change font sizes. This is why some ePubs work, and some don't (grrrr!).

In the fix, couple of our most crafty developers found a nifty way around this problem and do the heavy lifting outside the Adobe SDK.

*EVERY* ePub we've tested with (including examples - many, many examples - sent in by customers) is now resizable with the new to-be-released firmware update.

I'd be surprised if your ePubs didn't resize. If they are DRM free, send the files at shasan at kobobobooks dot com and I'll give it a shot myself (because our testers might throw up if I send them another epub to test )
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote