View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I have three - the Mighty Bright Xtra Flex 2, the Kandle and the Octovo Solis.

The Mighty Bright's "high beam/low beam" design and flex arm offers the ability to adjust to one's preference. While the illumination is excellent, it is a pain to travel with; it is cumbersome and turns itself on too often.

The Kandle's design is very small, lightweight and fits/illuminates the Kindle2 perfectly. I am unsure how well it works on other devices, depending on thickness.

My current favorite is Octovo's Solis: http://www.octovo.com/product.aspx?cid=64&pid=22 It is extremely small, lightweight and elegant. Brushed aluminum casing and the LED is warmer (natural light-like) and not cool (bluish) like most lights. It uses a single AA battery and can fit in a pocket. The light turns on when the arm is moved to the 90° position for reading. One other plus - the light is focused on the device and does not spread to its surroundings which can disturb others. Unfortunately, it is designed for the Kindle 2 only.

Last edited by Skydog; 05-20-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote