View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
Keithd
Keithd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Keithd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Keithd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Keithd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Keithd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Karma to you for that. Again, its a horrible thing to happen, and each and every one of us who owns any device felt that "uh" in our hearts when we read your post.

Too many expect Amazon to replace the device if its broken from a fall, or myriad other reasons.
Well, I didn't expect it, but Amazon's got a customer for life. They agreed to replace it, no cost to me.

The reason the CSR gave was that it was the first time and it's still in the warranty period. The only two questions were how was it damaged (cracked), and was it dropped from higher than shoulder height (no). I would NOT suggest being careless with your kindle and counting on this! I was fully ready to take a big hit for my own stupidity, but Amazon decided that having a Customer for Life was better than outright charging me for the screen cost.

I'm still out my DX until the new one arrives, complicated by the fact that I'm stationed in Japan, so it's got to go to my Dad's house first. But given how it could have turned out, I'm OK with that!

I'm going to be much more careful. The Kindle gets its own dedicated resting place from now on!
Keithd is offline   Reply With Quote