Thread: Calibre2Web
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 AM   #1
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre2Web

UPDATE

The Calibre2Web software has now been superceded by the mcuh more advanced and function rich Calibre2Opds software. The home site for the Calibre2Opds software is: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Calibre2opds

I have been developing the attached for my own use - and thought it might be of use to others? It generates the catalogs needed to allow Stanza for the iPhone/iTouch to download books via a personal web site. This bypasses the need for Stanza Desktop, and also allows for remote access to ones eBook collection when away from home

At the moment Calibre2Web will only run on a PC under Windows. This is because it is developed in VBScript (and hence the PC restriction) while I learnt about the Catalog formats used by Stanza.

If you are using another environment you may find it worth downloading just to look at the REAME file? I would be interested in any feedback on my ideas for how to develop the functionality in the future.

I am not sure if I am duplicating functionality freely available elsewhere. If so feel free to mention it as there is no point in putting effort into something that someone else has already done better.

EDIT: The Calibre2opds program is a replacement for Calibre2Web that is almost functionally identical, and has the great advantage of being written in Java making it cross-platform compatible capable of running on all the platforms that Calibre runs on. It now has some functionality that goes beyond what calibre2Web provides. I do not therefore intend to develop Calibre2Web any further and will instead support the Calibre2opds activity.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calibre2Web v0.98.zip (17.2 KB, 1266 views)

Last edited by itimpi; 05-03-2011 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Updated attachement to v0.97
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote