Thread: A question
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
From what I've picked up in various threads here at MR some books do have presets as far as what fonts they use and other such things. Some books for example will not save to the Kindle cloud reader when you buy them.
thanks crich. I just wonder, the kindle IS able to hyphenate correctly if forced to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I'd return this book... your characters are all messed up with strange squiggles through them, and all the letters are in the wrong order. I can't make heads or tails of it

Does the book still hyphenate correctly when you change the font-size, or is this not possible? It could be that the book has a built-in font, set at a specific size, and that the hyphenation is hardcoded in the book.

You could try, for example, to remove the font from the book (convert to EPUB and use the Modify EPUB plugin) plugin and remove any "font-size" attributes in the CSS (use Sigil) for anything but the chapters. Then reconvert to KF8 and re-upload the book onto the Kindle so you can change fonts and sizes.

I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing very weird hyphenation in places where there shouldn't be any.
tee hee, leuke grap

what do you mean, they are exactly the same letters, ok but for those few. I CAN read it very well indeed Yep, changed font size hyphenation is correct regardless. I find it very nice actually, I can't be bothered to fiddle with the insides of the file just to see the effect. The font I can live with. And the book is a good read as well.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote