View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #15
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
Funny you brought this up. I have never read any Dick. Been meaning to for 20 years.You've inspired me to correct that egregious oversight by reading Ubik as soon as possible.

So I'm no help to you with your question, but for what's it's worth, since you said you are new to science fiction, you might start with Spares and One of Us andOnly Forward by Michael Marshall Smith, who wrote the intro in your Ubik edition. All 3 are terrific.

Other personal favorites:
Hyperion and Fall of Hyperion - Dan Simmons
Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead- Orson Scott Card
Spin - Robert Charles Wilson
The Handmaid's Tale and Oryx & Crake - Margaret Atwood
Contact - Carl Sagan
The Risen Empire/Killing of Worlds - Scott Westerfeld
Thank you very much! I've heard of Hyperion series so I bought it, and I also started reading Oryx and Cake and decided to wait till last in the trilogy is published in August to read all three books - I did like what I read!
I heard about all the other writers you mentioned, but never read, so I guess I will put it on my TBR list.
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote