View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #187
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
What could be needed is an official Kobo Customer Care representative on MobileRead, to pick up and answer questions. That's not my decision to make however, and it's possible it is something Kobo does not want to do (again I'll reference my disclaimer here - that's my personal opinion, possibly not Kobo's) for whatever reason, perhaps because we already have Customer Care channels and that's where things should be directed if a response is required.
Quote:
If we have official representation here, then who is to say we should not have it on other forums, and this then adds to the amount of work that is required by the customer care team.
Perhaps Kobo should look at options, decide on a course of action and stick with it. What they have is certainly better than nothing (I think) but someone at Kobo needs to evaluate this.

Mobileread is full of people who ask questions, but more importantly there are far more knowledgeable people who help out. Absolute plethora of information here. But Kobo don't really come here anymore.

Go over to getsatisfaction.com and see official reps replying to questions issues with blanket "sorry to hear, send email to xxxx@xxxxx.com and someone will be in contact". It's fine to say people are busy, but why waste time on generic useless replies on one site yet completely ignore a very active forum elsewhere???

Now aside of this, get the damn marketing people over here. There is a thread dedicated to firmware request features, and numerous threads of what people want,what they don't like, a whole damn sub-forum of "which device to buy". We have people of varying origins/ages/sexes. This is 'free' information that no survey monkey could ever produce given all the money in the world.

Eh *hops off high horse and walks home*
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote