Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #157
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
That's very weird indeed! Did you change anything else apart from the firmware? Did you leave it to sleep from the home screen (so, without it having a book in memory)?
No, nothing changed other than the FW, I even put all the settings back to where they were right after putting the new FW on.

During these 3 cycles and when I discovered it died in 3 days before, I have left it sleeping on the carousel screen, not on a page of a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Are you leaving it to sleep just to calibrate the battery meter? You don't have to do that you know. To calibrating the meter you only have to make sure to let the battery run out completely and then charge it to 100% in one go without interruptions. You don't have to stop using the device or wait for it run down on it's own. You can use it any way you like during battery depletion from 100% to 0%.
I know, but it was the easiest way to produce a controlled environment so I could see if calibration made any improvement on the accuracy of the battery meter. I also wanted to be able to accurately compare cycle length - how long it took each cycle to reach "please charge". I'm a bit OCD when I'm working with something or trying to figure it out. I was the kid with 3 control groups in science class, one for each type of control condition. LOL Anyway, I haven't been feeling well so I wasn't up to reading anyway (which is how I discovered the battery issue in the first place. Before, I just assumed I was running the battery down so fast because I read so much.)
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote