View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTR View Post
+1 on Calibre's flexibility with 'other' readers. I''m still partial to good old CDisplay as a light weight reader myself. CR failed for me precisely because it didn't have server functionality. I guess Calibre spoiled me (no complaints here ).

I've been 'testing' Calibre's server for comics use as well. With a limited selection it seems to work just fine. I'm now considering adding the rest of my collection as well as over 2000 work papers (document scans archived as cbz), but how will Calibre handle over 75GB in files?
Calibre only copies the actual file to the Library folder.
The file size has no other impact on calibre storing a 100 byte file or a 5 Megabyte file
The quantity of books (line items) will start having impact after many thousands (fairly big number) of books. 2000 is a breeze

OTOH The Viewer will take longer to digest a big file
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote