View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Overdrive Redesign

Overdrive has launched a redesign. I can see it at my library (Brooklyn Public Library):

http://digitalbooks.brooklynpublicli...en/default.htm

I assume it has rolled out to all libraries at the same time?

Looks like they made a big push to make the site more tablet-centric. Nice big thumbnails. It looks like there is less information about each book in a list view, but if you know how to find it, it's there. For example, there is a CD icon for audio books in the upper right of the thumbnail, and a book icon for epub/kindle books (I don't know if they distinguish epub from kindle in any way). There is a gray flag below the thumbnail that changes to red if the book is in your wishlist, but oddly it stays gray if the book is on hold. Maybe they haven't implemented a change in color yet if the book is on hold? You can mouse over any book and see if it's available or not, but how would you know that on a tablet (no mouse over state)?

There are two different thumbnail sizes and I don't know why.

The site uses responsive design very nicely. If you make your screen smaller, you will see that the screen responds, and then changes to a mobile layout when you go below a certain screen width. That's pretty cool!

Today the site is VERY slow, I hope that's just growing pains while they roll out the changes. I would hate for it be much slower now.

What do you think of the new site?
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote