View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #27
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
yea, I'm anal about errors that distract me and interrupt my concentration. I recently bought several Harlan Ellison books from both Baen and Kobo. These are produced my Edgeworks and the quality ranges from good to bloody awful. Some of the books had not been proofed at all, save for a quick run through a spell checker, maybe. The result was that in one story there were references to "heaters" and "beaters". I finally figured out that since the "heaters" and "beaters" were always overhead that the correct term was "beaters" and it was slang for helicopter. There were many other errors like this as well as the well know scanning errors, "die" for "the". On some of the books the formatting and layout sucked dead bunnies. Margins that take up almost a quarter of the screen width. Introductions to stories that follow without a break from the previous story and then have a page break at the start of the story. I find it hard to believe that anyone actually looked at the book on any reader. Of the books I read, the quality of about half the books (not the writing) is just bloody shit! There is simply no excuse for this shoddy level of quality for something that I'm expected to pay for. I can find higher quality books on usenet. Yea, I'm anal and I'm pissed by these ebook error.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote