View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Is There a Better Way?

I have books by authors who have put out books under more than one name(e.g. Henry Kuttner also wrote as Lewis Padgett). I also have stories that have been put out under more than one title.

I would like to find the best way to deal with these issues. For authors I have been putting an crossrefernce annotation in "Comments". For the story with two titles I have been creating a "dummy" entry for one title and cross referencing the two titles in "Comments".

I do not find either solution particularly satisfactory as I cannot search for one name used by an author and have Calibre bring up all the books by that author. Similarly I cannot search for one title and have both brought up.

I have searched the forums but found nothing especially helpful (unless I missed it all) and wondered how other people dealt with these issues.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote