View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #348
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
No, this must have other resasons, I never experienced similar behaviour with such files.

Have you tried re-converting this special cases?
I have tried re-cleaning the original file, but with no effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar
Whenever I get these hanging problems with Coolreader, I just delete the whole /mnt/ext1/system/state/cr3 directory (when CR isn't running), and that usually fixes it. This usually happens after upgrading CR; maybe the old cache files aren't compatible with the new application?

N.B. This will erase the remembered positions in everything being read with CR, though.
I tried cleaning the cache, no effect. But I'll try your more drastic approach, and save the files in there anyway: these are text files after all, so I should be able to "merge" them afterwards if the system of recording notes has changed between versions. I am pretty sure this did not happen following an update, but of course memory palys tricks!

Thanks for your suggestinos, I'll try them out and let you know.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote