View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 03:21 AM   #181
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
I hope your tool is properly coded and does not depend on sb_loader/mfgtool. USB hid is a powerful and dangerous tool. I lead you step by step into fixing your device. You sure you can make a tool to do it again without help?
I am using modified versions of sb_loader and u-boot, which are both open source and freely distributable in modified form. Unlike fastboot, my recovery tool for k4 an touch will not expose potentially dangerous functions.

Software development and debugging are very much like solving a maze puzzle, which requires exploring all possibilites until a solution is found, making educated guesses (i.e. assumptions) to reduce the time needed to solve the puzzle. Although I occasionally spend some time in local minima (i.e. dead end paths), I eventually exhaust those and reach the correct path, leading to a verifiably correct solution. I do my explorations from the bottom up, preferring to build my foundations of knowledge first. This is the way old-school programmers were taught. Modern programming schools usually teach top-down OOP style. Both types are programmers are needed.

I really do appreciate your tips and pointers, and letting me know when I am on a dead end path, so I can save time by changing to an adjacent unexplored path in my quest for understanding and solution of the technical problem that I am studying.

Although your fastboot tool still needs some work, I am very thankful that it works as well as it does, and that it helped me to repair my bricked kindle.

Please make less derogatory questions and comments in the future, to minimize hostility between us. Thanks.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-11-2012 at 04:28 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote