View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 12:57 AM   #10
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I think the entire subgenre of Amish fiction is geared towards the non-Amish who romanticize a supposedly simpler, 'purer' way of life and that they're not actually meant for actual Amish people to read, any more than 'The Lustful Turk'-style of very popular Harlequin sheik romances are meant for Arab people.

That said, these do mostly get print-published first. Except for that Carina Press digital-only Amish romantic suspense I've seen as the lone category occupant on their website.
If you're talking about In Plain View, the main characters are not Amish, and the Amish aren't romanticized. Part of the crime takes place among the Amish, however. I thought this romantic suspense novel refreshingly different from almost all of the Amish romance out there.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote