View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
There are about 235 million adults in the United States, which means there are about 28 million adult ereader owners, and 19 million tablet owners.
I agree with your math and that this is what the study says. I just find it hard to believe. I think the survey responders were not referring to dedicated ereaders but ereading on a gadget.

It is thought that the worldwide installed base of Kindles was 13 million last month which suggests the US base is something like 30% if there are 28 million adults who own one (assuming no one owns more than one). And that means 7 out of 10 ereaders owned by US adults is NOT a Kindle.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote