Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #40
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
But is bad taste bad? It can be an important way to challenge and change society. Certainly it can backfire, but it can also work. At the time, I found Harry Enfield's "Loadsamoney" offensive, and I still do, but I think in both challenging and caricaturing such people I respect what it was trying to do. I believe the same is true of several other people and jokes.
Hear hear!

I am of the opinion that we are missing much in the name of "political correctness". When did we become so fragile that we can’t tolerate being offended.