View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #181
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMzizi View Post
My problem is that the paragraph formatting is not preserved in any way
As you can read somewhere in the post, W2E is not a format converter, but an ePub creator.
This means that W2E forces the formatting using the best traditional typographic rules, discarding all found formatting.

In a future release, I will add an option to preserve all formatting, but this is not a priority for me. This kind of job is available in all the format converters on the market (Calibre, Atlantis etc…)

Anyway, because the generated code is easy readable, you can edit the style001.css file in this way:

Code:
@namespace h "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
@page
    {
    margin: 5pt;
    }
body
    {
    font-family: Georgia, Garamond, serif, sansserif, monospace;
    }
p
    {
    margin:0pt;
    margin-bottom: 0.8em;
    text-indent:0em;
    text-align: justify;
    font-size: 3.00em;
    color:#000000;
    }
…
By adding "margin-bottom: 0.8em;" to the paragraph definition, you'll get a space after each paragraph. I suggest the value of 0.8em, just a bit less than a line, but you can modify this value

Luke