View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #52
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
... If you held me at gunpoint and forced me to choose the one I most identified with I would have to go with Scarlett.

I think she gets a completely raw deal in this story...
You make some interesting points about the various plights Scarlett finds herself in. But I think you give the men a rough time, they weren't raised to handle someone like her, and they're not allowed to play by her rules - when she lies about fellow timber merchants for example.

Her problem seemed to be that she didn't know who she was in love with when.
She was just as caustic with Rhett as he was to her. He was the only male character who cast aside social convention and dealt with her on her own terms; ultimately beating her at her own game.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote