View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
I don't own a Kindle and have never used one. (I currently use the ebookwise 1150).

A colleague at work, today, told me she was getting a Kindle this Christmas. She's a complete non-techie and nervous about that side of things. She's confident about buying books from Amazon and them showing up via the wireless (I didn't know that worked in Canada yet).

Anyway, I was thinking of giving her a CD/DVD full of (copyright expired) books before the holidays began. My questions are:

1. What is the best format, to output from Calibre, for the Kindle?
2. Is there a step of VERY easy Windows-based directions I can give her on how to copy said files over via the USB?

I don't see her enough to be her tech, but want to give her a nice starting point for her new adventures in the electronic book world.

Thanks

David
1. Simple. She wants the .mobi output format. And Calibre will convert ePub and lrf to mobi.

As for #2, I'm sure someone will write them. However, Calibre uses a different directory on Vista than on XP - and I presume on Win7 as well, so which version of Windows does she have?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote