Thread: PRS-950 strange battery issue
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #17
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Sorry, I read the paragraph quoted immediately below as being a question about doing full charge/discharge cycles to make it normal... rather than as a statement of what was happening... 'fraid it does sound as though it's defective though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Do you guys think that draining the battery to nothing twice and then doing an overnight charge will 'make it normal' again? I want a working reader but would really rather not send it in and possibly get stuck with a 'blemished' unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Elcreative please re-read my post. It was one of your posts that I read on this same topic that had me charging my 350 when it was down only 2 bars instead of waiting until there were no bars. I do understand that Ni-Cad batteries are different from Lithium Polymer but twice now in the last week the reader battery drained before my very eyes from a full overnight charge to nothing in less than 2 days.

Every single time I charge the unit I leave it overnight with my AC Blackberry charger. Only last week have I had the issue with the very fast battery drain. So far I'm on day 2 with no battery droppage after those unusual episodes. +++ fingers crossed

If draining it fully twice (on it's own) and then charging overnight each time wouldn't affect the battery what then do you suggest was the issue that made it drain to nothing and why does it appear alright so far now? If the battery was faulty enough to fully drain in less than 2 days twice in a row, would it not be faulty enough do to so a third time and every subsequent charge?
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote