View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #7
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Imagine my horror last night when I started reading this e-version of WH only to find that it was strangely different to the hardback I've read about six times. So I dug out the hardback copy to compare the two and realised that it was abridged. Nowhere on the HB did it mention that it was abridged.

Thanks to your "proper" copy of Wuthering Heights, I'm now able to appreciate the book in full. In one place, the abridging improves the book imho, but in others it creates confusion by cutting out the reasons events happen or people hold certain opinions about people and events.

BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote