View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
You did not mention keyboard but I'd recommend it if you were not planning on it. Finger picken is great for chicken but not typing anything too long.

I'd seek out forums on models you are considering and check out real life battery life. My Acer 8-9 hour actually is around 4-5 in use.

If you need Word then windows is a must of course, though they have some cheaper Atom processor Windows units with office.

Andorid has several office suites if you don't need microsoft and they would be a bit cheaper. Along the android line, you might look at the Samsung NOTE series, they have the S pen and other features that might gain your attention. I think they have a 10 inch coming soon.

All depends on your eyesight as to how small you can go, how adept as to typing on smaller keyboards. I used to work on a windows CE unit for hours that was 8 inch, slow and smaller keyboard.

10 inch tablets get a bit heavy so keep an eye on weight. My windows 10 inch is as heavy as a netbook.

Best buy trip to play and seek info might help.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote