View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #1
JeffOYB
JeffOYB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle Textbook Creator crashing! omitting!

Hi! I'm new to ebooks and new to this forum.

I'm trying to use KTC to get my 50mb PDF book file ready to upload into the Amazon Kindle Direct program.

KTC is behaving totally randomly! It's nuts! Sometimes it instantly loads my book. But then I notice ONE photo is missing. Odd. So I saved that page in a dozen formats and arrangements and finally was able to separately replace the page that didn't work. Then I tried to Preview -- spinning clock, crash. Apple says "Application not responding."

I've also tried various other PDFs, sometimes one-pagers just to explore how the program works and it rarely will open a file.

Actually, I don't really know how to proceed w my book. It's a 2 column layout in print w about 1 color photo per page, related to the content.

I've tried Exporting from Indesign as Flowable EPUB and the pics all just stack up at the end. My other option seems to be Fixed Layout. I can generate an EPUB that way but I understand that won't work with Amazon Kindle. I'm trying to create a file for Kindle. I wouldn't mind one column of text with photos dropping in after their relevant paragraph. That seems like it should be easy to do but not so far for me. Maybe someone has a super-easy tip for me? I've also tried converting the EPUB w Calibre and that didn't work either. I forget why.
JeffOYB is offline   Reply With Quote