View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
The book will be easy enough to download, so thanks for that. I love reading the poems and following the score while listening.

Question: Have you thought about creating a bilingual edition using really old English translations which you and I (and others, if you like) could update? I wouldn't mind creating a book like that for the public domain.

(Then we could do the same for Dichterliebe, Das Lied von der Erde and the Kindertotenlieder!)
I found some translations on Google but they were clearly marked copyright (to the translators) and were based on Schubert's kyrics rather than the originals.
Sadly my german is nowhere near good enough to do it myself.
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote