View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #37
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
I'm trying to find a good historical fiction with a love story in it. (not "historical romances"-if there's a picture of a half naked renaissance (sp?) woman on the cover-not my thing)

I'm leaning toward something more along the lines of Pride and Prejudice or Wuthering Heights...

Any suggestions?
I have 3.

Dorothy Dunnett - 'The finest living writer of historical fiction' Washington Post (2000)
http://www.nytimes.com/books/00/12/2...24malcolt.html

Patrick O'Brian -
"The best historical novels ever written." - Richard Snow, The New York Times

The Historical Novels Society

I love historical fiction and the books of Dunnett and O'Brian were the best I've ever read. I love the older ones too, Dumas and Sir Walter Scott and Rafael Sabatini but Dunnett was the best at what you've mentioned you're interested in. Just the best stuff. Two of my top five favorite writers.

Last edited by wayspooled; 12-13-2009 at 08:28 AM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote