Thread: Indents again
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #9
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Glad heuristics worked for you. I'm not versed in odt sourcecode, I had meant for you to paste in Calibre's html output (which you could get from the debug output now that I see you're outputting to Mobi).

Anway, I don't know ODT formatting well enough to understand how indents are defined, but during conversion from ODT to HTML calibre must be using Non-Breaking-Spaces to represent indents. Why it's using a variable number of them is unclear to me, but that must be what it's doing.

The heuristics option takes any number of non-breaking-spaces >= 2 being used to represent indents and converts them to a css indent. At this time any number of non-breaking spaces gets converted to the same indent level, essentially normalizing it for you.

Last edited by ldolse; 04-03-2011 at 10:12 AM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote