View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #60
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixte View Post
Does anyone have more information on how/when the payments to authors are calculated?

I didn't realize it was based on how far it was read and I have a tendency to download the books to my kindle, turn off wireless to save battery, read t'he book and then delete the book when I'm done ... does amazon query for the meta data on the books even if they're deleted once wireless is back on?

I feel like I may have inadvertently robbed authors to save battery life!

(in terms of value - for me, Kindle Unlimited isn't worth 9.99/month, but I got two 'three months subscriptions' for either 99 cents or 1.99 when they were running the promo and I've been taking advantage of it ... when those expire in March, I'll probably cancel and then resub for a month every six months or something like that.)

Also, one thing is that if you also are an audible listener, borrowing a kindle unlimited book counts as buying it in terms of audible pricing (some audible books have reduced pricing if you already own the ebook), which is a great perk.
Since you have to return a book to get a new book, the author will be paid.
I think books borrowed this month will be paid January. Books bought this month will paid in February. I think Amazon pays around the 1st of the month.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote