View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #280
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Follow-up ... after downloading Nook Amasis from Nook update v1.1

The results are mixed. The Turkish chars are now displayed correctly with the v1.1 Amasis. However, despite the filenames remaining the same (Amasis30...) I see that the font-weight of v1.1 is not as heavy as it was in v1.0.1.

I would say the Nook v1.1 Amasis looks more like the PRST1 Amasis, but the fact that the Nook font files are twice the size of the PRST1 font files may mean that the Nook is 'better' in some way. I don't know enough about how fonts work to draw conclusions.

For anyone interested in a comparative visual overview from a Windows PC, the 3 versions are, from left to right, Nookv1.0.1, Nookv1.1, PRST1.
(I hope I'm not breaking any copyright protocol)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nook_v1-0-1.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	80697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nook_v1-1.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	80698   Click image for larger version

Name:	PRST1.jpg
Views:	688