View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #291
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
There will be a package manager app included to uninstall apps (and maybe download new ones).
Ooh... A virtual "App Store"!

The nice thing about a "standard" app launcher menu is that if an update disables it, only the underlying attack vector needs to be updated, transparently to all the apps. Having apps each rely on an MP3 'sploit (like Jesse's recent app), would make a lot of stuff break if a new method is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
I won't enforce Special offers because users are grown up and if they wish to do anything un-moral, it's on their own.
When I asked a site moderator what their opinion was on threads for disabling SO or enabling 3G tethering, a site mod deleted the "Disable Ads on 79$ Kindle 4" thread, but then later put it back and sent me a PM saying that the mobileread site OWNER said that only ILLEGAL content is to be removed. Apparently, abusing amazon's trust is only immoral but not illegal, so okay here.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-13-2011 at 10:47 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote