View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #13
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
This is odd.

I keep my books on bookshelves as well, although with glass doors.
For the last 5 years I have not noticed any problems. Glass doors prevent most of the dust to get inside and also protect books from direct sunlight. Well, maybe 5 years is not a good enough period of time, however, my father was collecting books from 1960, when we moved to Israel we could not take all 4.500 of books with us, so we took only 700-800. As far as I know they are still in a very good condition, although Israel is notorious for mold/dump problems and the books are kept on open shelves. I believe that some art albums were damaged by damp on the lowest shelves but that all. The rest is in a good condition.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote