View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:13 AM   #13
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Chandler can do something special with language and writing that I don't feel has diminished at all since this was written.
Words and the way of writing is very important, but I feel it's not enough. Words needs to be backed up by a good story or I could have just read some poem or prose. I never felt captivated by the story and didn't feel for any of the characters. I guess I'm just not a fan of Noir writing.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote