View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Thank you for your feedback!
I will definitely think of creating paragraph spaces!
In fact some of my books already support this.

Ben hur is a big book,and the original had paragraph spaces which bookdesigner automatically removed. Any suggestions? (since on this book it would take a lot of time in bookdesigner)

As far as the intending, the lines are intended with 1 or 2 pt.
The standard setting of 4 to 5 pt gives problems in the TOC; hyperlinks in the TOC have an underscore line of a few pt before the word.
I tried removing that by reducing the intending.
Any ideas about how to improve this are very welcome.
1) The underlines you're talking about is a problem. Most of us live with it - including me, now. At first, this bothered me no end. There is a way to fix it, but it's tedious and no one here seems to do it anymore.

2) In the "Options," and then under the word "Page," my setting is "10" for left/right/top/bottom

3) Under "Spacing Percentage," I have "Lines: 100" and "Word: 20"

4) I don't know html and this puts me in somewhat of a disadvantage with my fellow book uploaders.

5) Always try to find Html as your best first choice when you're uploading. I find this works the best, and with the minimal of fuss.

6) You can also manually create a TOC, when you find you have special needs.

Try these settings and then get back with me on your results. I'm always willing to help, but my ignorance level is extremely high!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote