View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 04:29 AM   #22
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Hi adelheid!

It seems you have to have a cybook to get really fast dictionary access (well, iliads would do, too).

I have the double disadvantage (in this respect) to own an older APPLE iBook - so I can't run an emulation of win2000/upwards and therefore no Mobipocket / Creator, either - and the Sony PRS500 - so not Mobireader is installable.

Bad luck, it seems.
Actually I might consider "swapping" MY PRS500 for a cybook; but as I'm really looking forward to get a touch-screen-eReader sometime, I then would have to swap once more - which my financial means will not allow in the near future.

I just read (somewhere else) that mobipocket dictionaries are created from html files; in "my" dictionaries the source-site for these pdfs is mentioned:
you might use this free html to build your own dictionary.

So my efforts seem to be of use only in "urgent" cases as a pdf is navigable quite slowly even on my Sony.
Thanks a lot for your reply anyway!

Best regards, Clemens

(By the way: does "adelheid" point to a German speaking home country in your case? - no need to answer, just curious...)
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote