View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #270
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771
Pay attention to Essentials section - setting bbox and using Fit-to-content-width.
Thanks! This is exactly what I wanted, my bad, should have read the manual. What I was trying to do originally was making the page look the way I wanted with custom zoom and joystick, and then trying to save that as bbox. The curious part is that it can actually work. Once per file. The first time a file is opened bbox can be reset after custom zooming by pressing Shift-X and joystick down twice. Whatever fit on the screen before pressing Shift-X becomes the new bbox. Repeating the process does not re-reset the bbox however, unless "remove manually set bbox" is done first. Moving lines is more precise, so I don't know if anybody would want to use this.
I also discovered that gamma correction darkens the text, so with that and bbox I can now read almost all pdf and djvu in portrait zoomed to content height, no scrolling, which is sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771
On the 2nd page of Settings (hit the page turn button to get to 2nd page), you'll see "Device Time". Go in and set it there.
They must have added this in Kindle Keyboard. My settigs page is just one page (attached) and no Device Time on it, I was hoping that Librerator could do it. If I do connect to wireless and Amazon sees jailbreak, launchpad and Librerator, what happens?

I had some problems with djvu files. Two of the five files I tried Librerator had trouble opening. One of them (type "Lyapunov matrix" in http://bib.tiera.ru search box, it comes up first) was fine at first, but then "go to page" stopped working, and eventually all other buttons except Home and Alt-Back (thankfully!). In the other one (type "Optimal Control 1998" in http://bib.tiera.ru) the "opening document" box lasted forever until I pressed Home, which kind of opened it with blank page and buttons not working. The first file also became like that on the second opening, but some buttons did work after force opening it with Home, and I could see some of the pages after pressing R and switching to black and white. Those are not particularly large files (1.3 and 6.3 Mb), exiting Librerator and restarting kindle didn't help. Any idea what might cause this behavior? On the other hand, the djvu version (3.2Mb) of the book that messed me up originally worked flawlessly: much faster, no issues.

As a side note, attempting to open docx (I accidentally saved Librerator's manual in docx, which I thought was doc) knocks out Librerator. No cluttered screens or unresponsiveness, works like pressing Alt-Home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-58719.gif
Views:	306
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	109629  
Jedidiyah is offline   Reply With Quote