View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-b View Post
Overall question: can splitting text files into smaller text files be done to the point of be counter-productive? That is: too many, too small files.
I would have thought it likely that a huge OPF would affect performance at some point, possibly depending on how much working memory a reader has and how much of the OPF the reader holds in its memory.

I know that my aging PRS-300 struggles with really large toc.ncx files, (after about 20 seconds it just resets), but I don't know if would do the same with the OPF.

If you care to post an ePub, (respecting copyright), with 2.5K files and a huge OPF then I'll certainly test it and let you know what happens.

In any case, as mrmikel says, it make good sense to split a book into chapters and sections.

Last edited by Agama; 05-16-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote