View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #74
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I am glad that I read Mansfield Park and Persuasion thanks to book club recommendations. I didn't really like Pride and Prejudice so I had avoided Austen's other works. However, I enjoyed both of these and now have a new perspective of this author.

The best book I read in 2012 that was published in 2012 was probably Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
I am a fan of Flynn, and Gone Girl is on my TBR pile. However, it's gotten really mixed reviews, not just folks disappointed in the ending (which I can deal with), but many pan the characters as well as awful, unpleasant, etc. saying of the main couple, "I couldn't stand either of them - they deserved each other!"
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote