View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #89
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
Having just finished the last Dresden files book and eagerly awaiting the release of Cold Days on amazon, i was just about to pre-order the ebook when i noticed it costs more than the paperback.

I know they can charge what the want but that just smacks of greed.
There is no way i am going to order it now, no matter how much i want to read it.

No way can they justify that. no shipping or materials.

one really pissed of customer......
Something I have not read mentioned here is what my experience with Kindle book pre-orders. The actual price at the release date is almost always lower than the pre-order price. In fact I cannot recall a time when I did not get charged less for my pre-orders though I rarely do pre-orders of an ebook because, well, ummmm, why? Not like they will run out. I just put it in my watch list and a tickler in my contact/to-do list if it is really important to me. Otherwise I just wait to remember about remembering.

Has Amazon changed this in the last year or so? It has been at least that long since I pre-ordered any book.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote