View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
m92 "silver bullet" warranty case?

It looks like m92 is unable to read certain pdf files. A user on this forum posted a pdf file readeable in regular Adobe Acrobat which just fails to open on m92.
It seems to me, that under EU regulations this constitutes universal warranty case, because the device clearly fails to do what is advertised as its primary function - read PDF files.
I don't think this will really cause a wave of class action suits across Europe but this really is an ultra serious bug with tremendous consequences - I would call it a silver bullet warranty case that can be used for returning devices at will - something that can mess up Onyx's business. In a way, this is really miserable, but on the other hand I hope this will motivate Onyx a little to improve their mediocre software.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote